Chris W. Cole
Enginuity Group licensed Business Intermediary, Missouri licensed attorney and real estate broker with an experienced background in real estate law, commercial and residential real estate transactions, and real estate brokerage management.
UNIVERSITY OF MISSOURI AT KANSAS CITY, SCHOOL OF LAW J.D., Business & Entrepreneurial Law – May 2009 • Editor, UMKC Law Review • Dean’s List, 2006 – 2009 • CALI Awards – Secured Transactions, International Taxation, and Legal Writing II
UNIVERSITY OF MISSOURI AT COLUMBIA, COLLEGE OF BUSINESS B.S.B.A., Finance & Banking, Real Estate – May 2005 • Dean’s List, 2001 – 2005 • Omicron Delta Kappa (OΔK) National Honor Society
WASHINGTON UNIVERSITY IN ST. LOUIS, SCHOOL OF LAW LL.M., Taxation – did not complete • CALI Award – Wealth Planning & Drafting
CHARTERED COMMERCIAL INVESTMENT MEMBER (CCIM) INSTITUTE CCIM Candidate Member – education in progress
PUBLICATIONS Financing an Entrepreneurial Venture: Navigating the Maze of Corporate, Securities, and Tax Law, 76 UMKC L. REV. 473 (2008), excerpt reprinted in Stephen F. Reed & Esther S. Barron, Entrepreneurship Law: Cases and Materials (Aspen 2013).
Leadership & Activities
American Red Cross, Southeast Missouri Chapter – Board of Directors
2015-2017 Chairman Voices for Children/Court Appointed Special Advocates –
Board of Directors Southeast Missouri State University Planned Giving Advisory Council Cape
Girardeau Chamber of Commerce Young Professionals – Member Lions Club International, Cape Girardeau Chapter – Member Southeast Missouri REALTORS® – Strategic Planning Chair
Governing Documents Chair, Budget Chair Missouri REALTORS® – Commercial Forms Committee, Residential Forms Committee
Licensed Business Intermediary with The Enginuity Group, for the Southwestern Missouri Territory covering Southwestern MO, Western TN, Western KY, Southern IL and Northeast AR. Provides complete arrange or sale side and buy side services in addition to various M & A related consulting services.
Real Estate Activities
Lorimont Commercial Real Estate, Cape Girardequ, MOI Principal Broker, General Counsel, May 2018 – present
• Principal broker of top regional commercial real estate sales and leasing brokerage • Representative national and regional clients include Title Boxing, Athletico, Cox Health, NexSpring Financial, Drury Southwest, Drury Development, and Realty Income Corp.
Realty Executives of Cape County, Cape Girardeau, MO Principal Broker, General Counsel, October 2012 – present
• Principal broker of firm with six office locations, 100 affiliated licensees and $250M annual volume
• Advise and train licensees on legal, risk management, compliance, and Code of Ethics topics
• Manage all legal matters for parent company and affiliated entities
Lorenze & Lorenze, Cape Girardeau, MO
Of Counsel, Attorney at Law, September 2014 – present
• Practice focused exclusively on off-market commercial and residential real estate purchase, sale, and lease transactions, including contract negotiation, drafting agreements, easements, and other declarations, advising clients on due diligence matters including title/survey review, and coordinating closing procedures
Southeast Missouri State University, Cape Girardequ, MO Adjunct Professor, Accounting, Economics & Finance Department, January 2018 – May 2019
Adjunct faculty teaching upper level real estate finance course: FI 365 – Real Estate Principles
THE Limbaugh Firm, Cape Girardequ, MO
Associate Attorney, February 2010 – October 2012
General transactional practice consisting of real estate, estate planning, business planning and formation, taxation, and small market mergers & acquisitions
UMB Financial Corporation, Kansas City, MO
Legal Intern – Investment & Wealth Management Department, September 2009 – January 2010
Financial Industry Regulatory Authority (FINRA), Kansas City, MO Legal Intern – Enforcement Department, June 2007 – May 2009